One thing that makes every kid happy is doing something creative with their parents and elders. There are a lot of fun things you can do with the kinds. If you want to spend some quality time with them and feeling a bit bored, I am presenting something creative you can try with your kiddo. You should prepare play dough with the kids.
Kids love to do what their parents do. Your kid might also have tried to help you while you were cooking in the kitchen. Let’s give them a chance to do something similar and entertaining. Let’s try to make the DIY play dough with your kid.
Things you need to make play dough:
Basic things you are going to need in order to prepare play dough might already be in your pantry. Let’s take a look at those things:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup salt
- 2 tsp cream of tarter
- 1 Tbls vegetable oil
- food coloring
All of these items should be easily accessible in your kitchen. If not, you can visit the local grocery store and buy all the items required for the recipe. It would be another fun activity to do with your kiddo.
- First take a medium sauce pan and mix all the listed ingredients in that pan.
- Now stir them until the mix gets smooth.
- Now place the sauce pan on medium heat on the gas range and continue stirring until it turns into a big dough ball.
- Now spread a wax paper and dump the ball on it.
- Let it cool for ten minutes and then ask your kid to help you in kneading the dough ball until it gets smooth.
Now let your kids show some creativity. They would love to prepare little figures, animals, and other stuff with the dough ball. You can also participate in this process and amaze your kids with your creativity.