Sign boards really look cool when they are put up at the door. Like for example, the do not disturb sign board or currently sleeping etc. Just like these sign boards, there are sign boards that are used during the festivals like for example the ones that are used during the Christmas. These sign boards are known as joy sign boards. Usually, we get them from the shop but if you are creative enough then you can even make these joy sign boards in the house and that too all by yourself. All you need to do is invest some time and show some dedication towards it and then you can create some of the beautiful sign boards that you can put up. If you are interested to make these joy sign boards then all you have to do is follow the steps that are given below.
How To Make A Wooden Joy Sign?
In order to make a wooden sign board, you will be requiring the help of certain items which you need to assemble first. The items that are needed include the following:
- Wooden Sign
- Mod Podge
- Paint Brush
- Scrapbooking Paper
- Cricut/silhouette/Exacto knife and
You can get all of these items easily from a nearby store which means you do not have to search the whole earth in order to get your hands on these items. Now let’s have a look at the steps.
- The first thing that you need to do is cut the desired shape out from the wooden sign that you have brought. It can be any shape that you want. Oval, square, rectangular or any other geometric shape that you want.
- Once you have cut out the desired shape, the next thing that you need to do is cut the exact shape out from the scrapbooking paper with the help of the scissors.
- In this step, you need to cover the wooden sign with mod podge and then place the cut out scrapbooking paper on the wooden sign. Now smooth the paper by getting rid of all the air bubbles. In order to do so, you need to gently press all over the paper. After you are done, you need to put another layer of mod podge on the paper.
- Now cut the letters with the help of the Cricut cutter or an exacto After that place the letter in their required spot. After which lift up each of the letters and apply some more mod podge and then place them back down.
- After you have placed all the letters back to their place apply a final layer of mod podge in order to seal everything in its
- Now put some mod podge on each side of the ribbon and stick it at the back side of the wooden sign. With the help of this, you can put up the sign wherever you want.
There you have your wooden joy sign ready for your Christmas. You can make many more similar wooden signs that you want by following the same steps that are listed above. It may be a bit time consuming but the end result is going to be great.