Even if you take good care of your furniture, accidents happen everywhere. No need to panic, there is always a way to repair the damage done without replacing the piece of furniture in the house. Although there are numerous products on the market for wood cleaning and maintenance it is very important to apply the right solution for each issue.
Removes grease stains with ice
– If the stain is fresh fat, put an ice cube over it. Thus, the fat will solidify and you will be able to remove the wooden surface with a spatula. But be careful not to scratch the furniture.
– Prepare a solution of 2 bags of black tea that you hold for 20 minutes in hot water. Remove grease stain with a clean cloth soaked in tea respectively. After you have thoroughly cleaned the place, wipe the wood with your usual solution for cleaning wood surfaces.
Wipe Water stains with toothpaste
– If the stain is fresh, remove it as quickly as you can with a clean, dry cloth. Once you’ve cleared the water, cover with a dry towel instead of paper, on which you place weight, preferably a thicker book. Hold that weight there for at least three hours.
– Toothpaste is another solution to remove water stains on wood surfaces. Once you wipe that splash of water, apply a small amount of toothpaste, white paste, never gel, on a piece of cotton and gently wipe clean wood. Once you wipe with the toothpaste, use a professional cleaning solution timber.
– To clean stains on water you can use a mixture of baking soda and water. Wipe the wooden surface slowly with this paste and then leave it for half an hour. After this, clean the using a normal cleaning solution
Burns can be treated with salt
– Another solution that can be applied on surfaces damaged by burning is a paste made from salt and cooking oil. Rub burning stain with this solution and then let it work for several hours. Then wipe the paste with a clean cloth and then use your usual solution to remove dust on the furniture.
– Serious burns on furniture requires a more complex operation. It is obvious that the area is affected, the wood being compromised. If the burn is deep, clean place with a piece of fine sandpaper, until the wood stays clean. Then apply a coat of varnish like the original.
Hot water blurs cracks
– If you notice cracks, remove them with warm water. Thus the wood will swell and will prevent larger cracks. Most often cracks in wood are a warning of very dry air in the room. Use a humidifier to adjust this.
– Scratches occurred on the surface of the wood can be repaired with a marker or pencil to match the color of the wood. Once colored with marker, leave a little time to dry, then wipe the surface of the wood with your usual cleaning solution. You can apply linseed oil, and slowly wipe the wood.
Remove wax paper and ink
– The paper glued to wood can be removed if you apply baby oil on that area. The oil was allowed a few minutes to soften the dirty wood surface, then clean the area with a clean, dry cloth.
– Ink Stains must be removed immediately. Remove the spot, and then cleaned with a wax-based cream. If the stain does not disappear, wipe with a solution made of dish detergent and oil. Also for stains of ink you can use a solution of oxalic acid and warm water that you apply on the stain and let it operate until it disappears.