Cellulite or ‘adiposis edematosa’ is one of the problems that many women are suffering in these days, especially adolescent and adult women. Cellulite is the normal fat (free – floating) beneath the skin and gives dimpled, lumpy appearance like cottage cheese or orange peel. It forms around the hips, thighs, buttocks and abdomen. This fat appears bumpy when you push against the connective tissues, causing the skin above it to pucker.
Dry brushing is an anecdotal support as it helps to stimulate the blood and lymph flow in your body. It also removes the buildup of the toxins from the upper skin layer that in turn helps to reduce the appearance of cellulite..
- Take a body brush and make sure that the brush and your skin should be dry before starting the process.
- Brush your skin towards heart to increase blood circulation but not long sweeps, scrubbing, going back or forth and circular motions.
- You have to start at your feet, moving up the legs on both sides by concentrating on the cellulite appeared area.
- Then start working from arms towards the chest and from stomach, direct the brush counter clock wise.
- Continue doing this brushing for about 5 – 10 minutes
- Now end the process by having shower to wash away the dead skin cells and impurities.
- Daily repeat this brush before taking shower for 1 – 2 months or until you observe improvement in the skin texture or disappearance of cellulite.
- Lastly, choose the body brush which has the natural soft fiber bristles but not synthetic hard bristles (prefer vegetable – derived)