Olive oil works well in the kitchen and it is a humectant effective for skin and hair. You can use olive oil on yourself because it is a liquid, which can run and stain. Liquid oils can also be easily absorbed and not leave a greasy or slippery feel on the skin. A cream is thick, is better absorbed and less likely to run into your eyes. You can mix olive oil cream with a few simple ingredients.
– 1 1/ 4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
– a heavy-bottomed saucepan
– 2 tablespoons of grated beeswax
– a blender
1. Pour the olive oil into the pot. Take it to medium heat until it warms and reduce heat to low.
2. Stir the grated beeswax in hot oil until is melted. Turn off the heat and remove the kettle from the burner.
3. Use a whisk to mix the olive oil until it cools. Oil should thicken as a cream.
4. Place the cream in jars eight ounces (227 grams) with a rubber spatula. Store the cream in a cool, dry place.