I have been using Tide Pods for about a year now and generally like them. The problem is, they are not very cheap and really don’t get stains out as well as I want my detergent to. Then I found a DIY laundry soap recipe at Liz Marie Blog that I figured I could try.
Liz’s Detergent Recipe calls for:
1. One four pound twelve ounce box of Borax
2. three bars of Fels-Naptha soap
3. one four pound box of arm & hammer baking soda
4. one box of arm & hammer super washing soda
5. five pounds of Oxy Clean
6. Optional: Laundry softener for a bolder scent
All of these I found at Amazon and I had some affiliates money to spend so I figured “why not?” I can do this!
Here are the steps to make this soap:
1. Grate the Fels Naptha soap completely.
2. Mix all ingredients together in a large container.
3. Put mixture in whatever container you want to use.
You really only need a few tablespoons per load with this soap. It’s a very efficient detergent. At that rate, this mixture should last a LONG time!
I started using it about a month ago and absolutely love it! My clothes come out so clean and with no heavy scent! I think I’m going to like this new DIY home products lifestyle!