After Christmas, if you are thinking what to do with those old ornaments and decoration stuff, then use these ornaments for a DIY project. Instead of putting all the Christmas decoration in a box, now you can use those vases for various other occasions like bridal showers, outdoor weddings, parties, and baby showers.
It takes less than 5 minutes to reuse most glass ornaments that you hand on your Christmas tree into small and beautiful flower vases. You can as well make these ornaments more beautiful by adding a bit of fishing line and hang them anywhere and make the room look dazzling and stunning. This DIY project involves gluing, cutting, sewing, so get ready for that and use of all your Christmas decorations to make any other occasion even more special and memorable.
Now get started your DIY Project, and all that you need is:
- Sand or Gravel
- Glass Ornaments
- Fishing line
- Take a glass ornament and remove the top part and separate the hook from the cap of the ornament. Ensure the ornament contains a long V-shaped hook with wire, it is important as the short hooks may not be able to carry the weight of the vase.
- Now, put some sand or gravel into the glass ornament, but don’t put a lot.
- After that, take a piece of fishing line and tie it on the top of the hook and now put the hook back into the glass ornament.
- Now, hang the ornament to make sure it holds up, and check this before adding water into the ornament.
- Now, add little water and put flowers inside, and again ensure that the hook can hold up the entire weight properly or not.
Note: If you want to use the glass ornament as a table vase, then remove the wire and cap altogether. Add some water and pebbles and add until the ornament balances properly on the table and place some flower.