Celiac disease or gluten intolerance is an autoimmune disease triggered by the ingestion of gluten (the protein in wheat, rye and barley) in genetically predisposed individuals. Identification of gluten intolerance signals and celiac disease diagnosis is important for any suffering patient as using a treatment can help him to have a normal life.
Gluten intolerance is a condition that occurs mostly after eating pasta, bread or other wheat based products. Because gluten irritates the intestine, it will appear abdominal pain, flatulence, bloating and diarrhea. Unfortunately, not always the medical tests reveal the presence of the disease so that patients feel sick and frustrated at the same time for the lack of a diagnosis and treatment.
Here are 8 signs but that you should consider as they may indicate the presence of gluten intolerance:
1. When you eat wheat based products you have digestive disorders, stomach problems and bowel: gas, bloating, abdominal cramps, nausea, constipation or diarrhea, or an alternation of the two (you reminiscent of irritable bowel syndrome ).
2. You have migraines. Headaches are symptoms for many medical problems. But when combined with diarrhea, iron deficiency and skin irritation, it is clear that they are a sign of intolerance to gluten. Usually occur in an hour or two after eating products with gluten.
3. Pain and muscle tenderness and soft tissue (tendons, ligaments).
4. Mood swings.
5. Neurological disorders such as dizziness, difficulty with balance, tingling, pain sensation of body extremities.
6. Continues fatigue, exacerbated especially after meals.
7. Bad vitamins absorption
If a person is sensitive to gluten intolerance, their stomach does not absorb the essentials of food. Usually, iron deficiency is an indicator of this problem.
8. Rash. Keratosis pilaris and dermatitis herpetiformis are two skin problems that occur after eating gluten. Both cause some very unpleasant rash on the arms, face, back, elbows and hairline.