Having meals before going to sleep is not a too good habit, especially when it comes to fatty aliments that are difficult to digest. But if you are too hungry and can’t fall asleep because of this issue, you can eat these ingredients without being afraid that you’re going to gain weight or you’ll have difficulties with sleeping. It’s late, you haven’t eaten yet and you are hungry. And you know that it’s not good to eat before going to sleep, but you don’t want to go to sleep with an empty stomach either. See which of the two options is more dangerous for your health!
This definitely happened at least several times to you as well: you arrive home lately, you are sleepy but you are hungry in the same time. You already heard that what you eat late in the evening, before going to sleep, gets immediately deposited. But if you go to sleep with an empty stomach, you will hardly fall asleep. To know from now what to choose, let’s see which the healthier option is.
Why it isn’t good to go to sleep with an empty stomach?
When you’re hungry, your brain is “alarmed”, and your body is ready for “hunting” (even if today hunting means not more than one visit to the supermarket). This is why you’ll see that when you’re trying to go to sleep with an empty stomach, you’re agitated and hardly fall asleep. And if you reach to fall asleep, you’ll probably wake up at least once overnight, and the next day you’ll be tired just like you haven’t slept at all the previous night. And when you’re tired, your body requires more calories – this is usually translated with craving for sweets.
After all, you will consume the calories the next day because you haven’t consumed them in the previous evening. So, even if you undergo a diet, it’s not good to skip the evening meal.
Here is the list of “allowed” aliments to eat before going to sleep:
- Weak cream: a cup of weak cream will offer to your body the necessary proteins and your sleep will also be eased. The probiotic properties of this aliment will calm your intestines as well.
- Cheese: only one small piece of this “cheese” will offer to you the feeling of fullness, containing only 80 calories.
- Apple with peanut butter: apples contain plenty of fibers that will satisfy your wish to eat something sweet. Peanut butter, on the other hand, will create the impression of fullness.
- Oatmeal: contains approximately 200 calories. These are easy to digest and will quench down your stomach.
- Bananas: are the perfect fruits that you can eat before going to sleep. The best thing that this fruit offers is that it doesn’t affect your silhouette and your body weight either, and even more, it stimulates fat burning.
Having all this said, it is indeed recommended to eat if you’re hungry, even if you’re about to go to sleep, with the condition of considering these 5 aliments.