It is impossible to lose fat locally. If you want to lose weight in a certain part of the body, for example, inner thigh, you must combine a balanced diet with regular exercises. However, only with diet or exercises, you won’t lose the fat on your inner thighs. We lose fat on our whole body. It won’t happen that the legs and buttock are slim and toned but the arms and belly have a little fat.
Eating to Lose Weight
- Have a balanced diet. One’s body should daily receive the necessary amount of vitamins, minerals, and other elements beneficial for the body. Ideal would be to eat low-calorie and nutrient-dense foods. Include in your meal high-quality proteins (such as lean meats and nuts), fruits, vegetables and complex carbohydrates (including whole wheat bread, legumes, and brown rice). Forget about processed foods, such as frozen products (including frozen pizza) and pre-made meals (including microwavable meals).
- Eat small amounts of food but frequently. It is better to eat 4-5 times per day, in smaller amounts, then have 2-3 large meals. By eating more frequently, you maintain your metabolism elevated and inhibit the feeling of being hungry. This way you won’t overeat but only will have a small meal for energy.
- Restrict the consumption of saturated fats. Compared to unsaturated fats, the saturated fats are less beneficial to our body, they increase the cholesterol level and are usually found in animal products, such as dairy, meat, and hydrogenated oils. Also, many desserts contain saturated fats, so avoid eating sweets.Palm and coconut oils, butter and rendered animal fats are full of saturated fats. Fish oil contains Omega3 fatty acids, but also, it contains saturated fats.
- Take note that it is important to limit the intake of saturated fats, not prohibit them from the diet. They are essential fats for our body, but in limited amounts.
- Eat low-fat dairy. If choosing between low-fat and no-fat milk, go with the low-fat. We need all these fats, but in small amounts. Also, calcium favors fat burning and low-fat dairy (like milk and yogurt) promotes weight loss. This is perfect for women, who are predisposed to osteoporosis. Low-fat dairy should be indispensable in your diet. Consume more milk, yogurt, and cottage cheese. These products are a great substitution for hard cheese, cream and butter and also they are a good source of calcium.
- Restrict the alcohol consumption. Alcohol should be avoided when working out, and not only. It represents empty calories that increase the number of calories you consumed and can impact you negatively. You could discourage yourself and stop working out, affect your sleep, hence, affect your physical and psychological state. You could drink alcohol in small amounts, but better for you not to do that if you want to lose weight.
- Avoid diet-busters. Everybody wants a little treat when is on a diet. You could eat a small piece of dark chocolate in the morning, it is actually healthy, but know your limits. However, there are foods like frozen French fries and sweet breakfast cereals, sodas that should be avoided. They will spoil all your results you have acquired so far.
As mentioned above, we can’t lose weight in a single spot. In order to have slimmer inner thighs, we have to work out our entire body and lose weight in every difficult area.
Increase your cardio workouts. Cardio exercises are great in reducing body fat and the launching fat burning process. As an example of cardiovascular exercises check out the elliptical training, running, stair climbing, jumping rope, and brisk walking.
Also, you should increase the amount of time and the days spent on cardio training. Perfectly would be to train at least 5 days per week, 30 minutes per training. Your fat burning process will start after 30 minutes and it will continue until the next day. It is a must exercise for perfect thighs.
Remember to consult your doctor before starting a workout program. Make sure that you are healthy and nothing is bothering you.
Try interval training. This type of training means alternating intense activities with lighter activities. For example, you could shift between walking and jogging (5 minutes each, repeated for 30-60 minutes), or between jogging and running. Interval workouts have proven out to be more effective in calories burning.
Train at least 30 minutes per day, 4-5 times per week. Your heart will be more resistant and your legs will be exquisite.
Practice wall squats. This exercise is a medium difficult exercise, that involves a lot of effort and strength, but the result is fantastic. To do a wall squat, lean on a wall and bend your knees to a 45-degree angle. Hold this position for at least 30 seconds then rest. Repeat 10 times in 4 sets.
Do around-the-room froggies. This exercise is a mix between cardio and toning. Also, this is an exercise combining strengthening and cardio, hence, helping you burn plenty of calories while toning your inner thighs.
The starting position of this exercise is the following:
- stand with your feet wide apart while your knees and toes and pointed outward. Your hands should be oriented towards the floor in this position (imagine a sitting frog). Squat down as low as you can, keep the back straight, your chest up and your knees should not go over your toes.
- Jump and rotate a quarter turn while bringing your feet together. Use your hands for an easier rotation.
- Land in a squat (it should be a deep squat as possible). Repeat the exercise until you complete a full rotation (4 jumps form a full rotation).
- Repeat as much as you can for 1 minute. Rest. Repeat the exercise while rotating in the opposite direction.
Attempt the seated pillow squeeze. This exercise is very easy but effective and can be done at home without any specific equipment. You can either do it in your kitchen or your living room. You can even risk it and try it at work. All you need is a steady chair (that does not have wheels) and a pillow. Sit on the chair and rest your feet on the floor, forming a 90-degree angle with your knees. Place the pillow between the knees. Exhale and squeeze the stuffing out of the pillow between your thighs. Hold the pressure for one minute, and breath regularly as performing the exercise.
Try side lying hip adduction. This exercise is specifically for your adductors, the muscles that run along the inner part of your legs. By performing this exercise your increase the muscle tone and launch the fat burning process making your inner thighs slimmer and more beautiful. This exercise provides good results in combination with cardio exercises.
- Start by lining on your side. The bottom arm can be used to support your head. Make sure that your shoulders and your hips are stacked one on top of the other, being perpendicular to the floor. Your head should be in a straight line with your spine.
- Bring the upper leg slightly forward so it rests on the floor, as is the lower leg. Pull the toes towards the nose. Exhale and lift the lower leg off the floor as high as you can.
- Squeeze at the top for a moment and bring the foot back on the ground. Alternate your legs and raise them until you feel the tension in your muscles. 10-20 reps in 3 sets would be acceptable. You should feel pressure in your lower back or oblique muscles.
- While squeezing at the top both inner thighs are involved in the process, which is a good thing.