Smelly feet are a real burden, especially in summer. We propose you 10 home remedies that will help you get rid once for all of this embarrassing blemish!
1. Baking soda. This substance neutralizes the pH of sweat and reduces the number of bacteria on the skin. Sodium bicarbonate in hot water (a tablespoon of bicarbonate per liter of water) and wait until dissolved. Keep your feet in this solution for a period of 15-20 minutes every night for a week.
2. Lavender oil. Not only it smells pleasant, but also has the property to eliminate bacteria from the skin surface. However, lavender oil has antifungal properties, which are necessary in the fight against foot odor….
3. Alum. Alum is recognized as a natural alternative to commercial deodorants. A teaspoon of alum powder is mixed in a cup of warm water, and the you wash your feet with this substance. Once the feet are completely dry, sprinkle a little more powdered alum on the dry skin. Please follow these procedures every day.
4. Epsom salt or magnesium sulfate. This neutralize microbial infections and neutralize feet odor. More: Epsom salt bath is soothing for tired feet! To do this, mix two teaspoons of Epsom salt in half a bucket of lukewarm water and maintain your feet in this solution. Do this before going to bed, because you must not wear socks for a few hours.
5. Black tea. It contains tannic acid, which kills bacteria that produce smelly feet. It closes the pores and reduces sweating so that bacteria will remain “hungry”. Keep your feet soaked in black tea for 20 minutes, every day, for at least a week. You will notice the effects. (Proportion: 3 bags of black tea in two cups of water)
6. Vinegar. Creates an acidic environment, unfavorable for bacteria. Apple vinegar is best. Mix half cup of vinegar with eight cups of hot water. In this solution, the feet should be kept for 15 minutes. Later, you can wash your feet with soap and water to remove acid smell.
7. Borax (sodium borate “,” diboron sodium decahydrate “). Is a mineral disinfectant that kills odor-producing bacteria. Half cup of borax should be dissolved in two cups of water. Spray it in the shoes before wearing them.
8. Sugar scrub. Removes dead skin and helps neutralize malodor. To get it, mix sugar with clean water and isopropyl alcohol (over 91%). One part of alcohol and five – water. Rub feet with this mixture well for 10 minutes. Repeat the process three times a week.
9. Sage leaves. Contain tannic acid, like black tea. In addition, it gives a pleasant odor. Strange, but it is recommended to place sage leaves even inside your shoes before wearing. In another way, keep your feet soaked in sage tea and drink sage tea before bedtime.
10. ginger roots. Put the puree of one ginger root in a cup of hot water, holding it there for 15 minutes. After straining the solution obtained, massage the feet with this liquid before bed. For positive effects, repeat the procedure for at least two weeks.