Cotton swabs are more useful than you think and can be used both for house cleaning, and in personal care, not necessarily just to clean the ear. Here are some of the most practical uses of them:
1. Soak a cotton swab in rubbing alcohol and wipe the door viewer that. Some are fixed in to the center of the door and cannot be cleaned like any normal surface. Doing so will remove accumulated dust and dirt, so you better see who is on the other side of the door.
2. Paint the small pieces of surfaces, when you lack small paintbrushes or you do not want to paint a brush.
3. Clean small areas and sensitive cameras and lenses, CDs, radios, space between keys or mouse.
4. Lubricates the zippers that close hard. Soak a cotton swab in a little olive oil and walk it along the zipper. Thus, the zipper will work much better and easier.
5. Clean the edges of the phone. Some phones are cleaned pretty hard, especially on the edges. After you clean the phone with a special cloth (such as the cleaning of spectacle lenses), walk a cotton swab on the device. You will notice how it will get all the dirt.
6. Clean the crevices and cracks of furniture with a cotton swab dipped in a little olive oil or special oil for furniture.
7. Clean excess nail polish nails after you have done manicure. Prepare some cotton buds and little acetone when your nails done. Soften a stick in a little acetone and then clean the excess polish. In this way you will have a perfect manicure.
8. Clean internal edges and corners of the refrigerator. Because sometimes the food drains through the most cramped corners of the refrigerator it will not be enough to wipe with a cloth or sponge. Soak stick in alcohol and wipe the areas which are difficult to reach.
10. Use a cotton swab when waxing. If you want to shave eyebrows, soften a cotton swab in wax and then stretch it, giving the desired shape to your eyebrows.
11. Apply ointments and creams between your toes. Sometimes it is quite difficult to apply cream in those areas, but with cotton swab you will not have this problem.
12. Remove dust from the corners of picture frames. Soak the cotton swab in rubbing alcohol and remove dust and dirt.
13. Use cotton swabs for makeup. Use them to draw precise lines or to remove excess makeup and make some corrections.
14. Use them to smooth moisturize eyelashes and eyebrows. Also, to avoid sticking your hands in a face cream and contaminate it with bacteria you can use a cotton swab to get enough of the product.